Records Request/GRAMA

Record Requests

Requesting Public Records from Holladay City: A Step Towards Transparency and Accountability
Transparency and accountability are essential elements of a well-functioning democracy, and access to public records plays a crucial role in ensuring both. Holladay City recognizes the importance of providing residents with access to government records in accordance with the Utah Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA).

GRAMA Request Form

Understanding GRAMA
The Utah Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA) is a set of state statutes that governs the privacy of records and the conditions under which they can be released to the public. It is designed to strike a balance between safeguarding individual privacy and promoting government transparency.

Why Request Public Records?
Requesting public records from Holladay City allows residents to:

  1. Stay Informed: Access to public records empowers residents with information about how their local government operates, making it easier to stay informed about important decisions and initiatives.

  2. Hold Government Accountable: Public records provide a means for residents to hold their elected officials and government agencies accountable for their actions and decisions.

  3. Participate in Civic Life: Informed residents are more likely to engage in civic activities, contribute to the community, and participate in the democratic process.

How to Request Public Records from Holladay City
Requesting public records from Holladay City is a straightforward process that ensures your right to access government information. Here are the steps to follow:

  1. Identify the Records: Clearly identify the specific records you wish to request. Be as detailed as possible to expedite the process.

  2. Complete the GRAMA Request Form: Complete the form, providing your contact information and details about the records you are seeking.

  3. Submit the Request: Send your completed GRAMA Request Form to the designated City Recorder. You may need to pay a nominal fee, as specified by GRAMA, depending on the scope of your request.

  4. Await a Response: After submitting your request, you will receive a response from Holladay City. 


Requests for Police, Fire, or other contracted services records will need to be made to the respective entities: