Crystal Nichols

    4580S 2300 E,  Holladay UT  84117

    NEW #: 385-425-0853

Special Events

The City of Holladay requires a special event permit for any organized activity which includes, but is not limited to races/walks, a block or neighborhood party, filming for movies/TV, parades, carnivals, weddings or events with alcohol, or any similar activities on or within City limits. The sponsor or organizer must first obtain the City of Holladay’s permission for the event through the submission of the special event application. Please allow up to 30 days for the application and approval process once you have submitted all required documents and fees. Please read Chapter 14.56 in the City of Holladay code for all the information, procedures, and other information before requesting a special event permit.


To book a place on City property please contact Jackie Hyatt and fill out the applicable form(s) Park facility & room rentals IF a Special Event form is required contact Crystal Nichols. 

For a complete special events permit application, you will need to submit the following:

  • Special event permit fee of $100.00 cash or check only and Special Event Application
  • Temporary Sales Tax License for the event
  • Limited Liability insurance at or over $1,000,000.00 naming the City of Holladay as additionally insured
  • Site plan/map of route/stations for the event
  • Road closure plans from UDOT for lane or road closures for the event
  • Lane closure permit and fee (TBD by our Public Works) for any applicable lane /street closures
  • Mass gathering permit from the Salt Lake County Health Department if the event is longer than 2 hours AND has 500 or more attendees.
  • Temporary Food Permit from the Salt Lake County Health Department if the event is selling any food, drinks, or alcohol, utilizing amplified sound, or may involve physical hazards
  • IF alcohol will be served, a DABS Single Event permit may be required. Please contact them at 801-977-6800
  • IF filming a production please include a canvas list from the neighborhood along with a detailed itinerary and map of the production, where base camp will be, parking, if streets are being shut down, Etc.

The Salt Lake County Health Department will need to be contacted for events selling and/or serving food, drinks, or alcohol, utilizing amplified sound, or that involve physical hazards. Also, events that are 2 + hours long, AND expecting 500 or more attendees will need to apply for a mass gathering permit.

Please contact them at:

2001 State Street S2400
Salt Lake City, UT 84190
(385) 468-4100